Hopeless Case
I don't think I have ever approached Nano the way I am this year. (Of course, I have only done it twice before, but it feels like I have been doing it for much longer than that.) I am so....apathetic. I have to actually try to get myself to be excited. I watch it approach, as the days slip away, but instead of its closeness inciting diligence in my preperation, I just stare at November 1st in a trance. I hardly move. When I do so, it is sluggish. I am only on Step 3 of the Snowflake, but I have been having good intentions since the end of September. What is happening to me? I feel like a hopeless case. *manages a wry smile and wink* I feel like I have lost the will, but I know that it is all a mental thing that has to do with what I am dealing with right now; and this mental thing makes me tired and despairing and drained of enthusiasm for Nano and writing. But I still want to do it. I know I will.....but what will happen....will I suddenly liven up and hammer away at the keyboard during November, or will I slowly write sentence after sentence, and dry up at 1,000 words?Hmmmm. Tis a thing to think about....
I wish Rose or Liz were not in Steubenville and Ohio. Nanoing with them would make it so much better....I would feel like I had support and companionship....at least my brother should be doing it this year.
*long dramatic sigh*

2 Comments:
I know exactly what you mean, Gen. I feel the same. Sad thing is, I was so excited about this idea back in ... January? March?
I think excitement comes once the writing starts.
Yes, same here! I was excited about this up until.....September, early October....and I am not quite sure what happened.
But I agree. Once we can actually write, I think that will be good for us.
Post a Comment
<< Home