Hey!
I'm back! Guess what? I don't know how many words I have.I don't want to know.
In know, I know, I'm really odd. But... I don't want to know! Because if I know, then I'll realize how behind I am. I just want to type aimlessly (well.... I'm kinda aiming for 50,000... ;-) ) and on November 28th I'll check my word count. If I'm hopelessly behind, I'll type like mad for 48 hours. If I'm ahead (which is unlikely. :-P), I'll stop, enter my word count, and rejoice. :-D
So, that's my Nano update.
Oh! One more thing. Someone my mom knows from a forum said that Nano is a horrible thing! She said that it's no wonder novels are so badly written; it's because of contests like this. She also said that "books should NOT be written in 30 days! good writers are scarce as it is, but to make writing a contest???? that's awful!"
But I don't think of Nano as a contest, more like.... an outlet. Writing really helps get out a bunch of feelings that I have stored up, and keeps me from lashing out at my friends and family. But anyway, I thought y'all would want to know that. I feel like punching that woman. :-P Maybe I'd better write some more... ;-)
Padme

2 Comments:
Good grief. People aren't PUBLISHING thirty day novels ...
Frankly, a good novel doesn't come from the writing, it comes from the editing. No matter how splediferously horrid a first draft is, it can be saved ... And people who aim at perfection the first time round and spend two or three years on the first draft are less likely to see and correct their mistakes. You get too attached to your novel the way it is; whereas, if you come back to edit your nano and make something of it, you come aware that is in sore need of revision.
What a load of baloney. First drafts are nothing.
Hey. You stole my baloney. :-P
Post a Comment
<< Home