Friday, September 01, 2006

There, now.

I have, finally, finished making cards for each of my scenes. One card per scene, with a description of the scene, the file name of the individual scene, my notes on the scene, and an 'intensity rating' for the scene. This will, of course, allow me to mix, match, shuffle, and delete, quite easily, but it was the intensity rating that most caught my attention. The first five or six scenes of the book are B-O-R-I-N-G, boring. And that's not putting it too lightly, either. Plus the book starts with her waking up. How cheesy is that?!

Okay, so I definitely need to work on the beginning. But the ending--the ending is great. I love the ending. The middle...eh. It could use a little work. IT would do better as the beginning than the middle (but the beginning would never work as the middle, or anything else).

So, I have my work cut out for me over the next few weeks!

Plus, of course, I need to finish outlining The Mallory Papers.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Rosemary said...

The ending is great. :) I remember it very clearly! And it's been at least a year since I read it ... probably closer to two.

I can't remember the beginning being boring; but I can't remember the beginning very well at all, so perhaps that says something ...?

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Keesa said...

Hehee! It does, indeed. More proof that the ending is VERY un-boring, and the beginning...erm. Yeah. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home